[MPI #10651] [MPICH] MPICH configure trouble. Signals reset

Matthew Fowler tjue1 at sussex.ac.uk
Thu Nov 17 10:56:55 CST 2005

Hi again

Bill I had a go at your configure script but I still get the same error
as before:

checking whether signals work correctly... Signals reset when used!
checking whether cross-compiling... Failed to build file of local
definitions
configure in mpid/ch_p4 failed.

As for my requirements I only wish to be able to run the HPL benchmark.
I have been on this for some time now and it started to do my head in.

Originally I cross compiled MPICH2, Python 2.4, BLAS, CBLAS and hpl.
When I issued:

mpirun -np 2 xhpl

I get no output.

So to be sure that it has nothing to do with python or PyXML I really
need to be able to get MPICH 1 crossed.

When is the version of MPICH 2 coming that doesn't require a XML parser?

Cheers

Matthew