[MPICH] Installing MPICH and MPICH2 side-by-side

Patrick E. Kane pekane at uiuc.edu
Wed Jun 29 09:09:47 CDT 2005

Basu,

I've got two versions of MPICH2 on my test systems,
the standard release for reference and my version with
local changes and additions.  When I configured the
source tree for my experimental version I used this command:

   ./configure  --prefix=/scratch/Mpich2

that changed the default install directory for the MPICH2
commands to /scratch/Mpich2.   To use my version of the
commands I change my shell's PATH variable to have the
/scratch directory before the "standard" /usr/local/bin:

    export PATH=/scratch/Mpich2/bin:$PATH

Pat
---