[MPICH] HELP

Kevin C. kevingpo at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 20 10:59:05 CDT 2005

I am having troubles using MPICH1 and MPICH2 for windows and linux.

Am trying to run tests on a single workstation (using the mpirun -np 5 or
mpiexec -np 5).

On linux when I try to run I get:

Access denied. I checked the manual and it says its something to do
with firewall. I do remember setting a firewall on Fedora Core 3. But I
don't know how to turn it off.

On windows I always get either child process aborted because it didn't
hear anything from root process, or it asks me for login/password.
However, I only have one login and that's the 2nd administrator. I've
tried the username/password many times and it still doesn't work.

HELP