[MPICH] Re: New version of MPICH2 (1.0.2)

Ralph M. Butler rbutler at mtsu.edu
Sun Jun 19 09:24:43 CDT 2005

I apologize for commenting yet again, but I was thinking about this
problem and decided to come up with a technique that I prefer if it
were something that were bothering me.
This is what I did:

# first, just to show that LD_LIBRARY_PATH really is in my env:
(magpie:55) % printenv | grep LD
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tmp

# second, to show that when mpdroot is setuid-root, LD_LIBRARY_PATH
# fails to appear in the 'remote' env
(magpie:56) % ./mpiexec /usr/bin/printenv | grep LD
(magpie:57)

# finally, show that I can cause my preferred shell (tcsh) to
# make it available for me
(magpie:57) % ./mpiexec /bin/tcsh -c /usr/bin/printenv | grep LD
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tmp

--ralph