[MPICH] rsh problem on Linux

Syed Irfan irfan at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Jun 13 22:37:57 CDT 2005

Thanks for clarifying it.

I do the following

mpdboot -n 1 -r /usr/bin/rsh -v -f ~/mpd.hosts
which internally runs command mpd with options so rsh/ssh basically used
to start the mpd's running on each of the hosts. After mpd is running on
the hosts then mpi_spawn comm is via tcp/ip to mpd telling it to
increase ring size.

So far as mpi application programs its comms uses (device=sock,ssm etc.)

I hope I am on the right track :)

Cheers