[MPICH] hmm... mpich2 woes :O

Kevin C. kevingpo at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 30 01:35:30 CDT 2005

I think I messed up my MPICH2 installations. I installed MPICH2 on my master
PC in /usr/local (default), and on my slave PC in /usr/local/mpich2. I see
when I try mpdboot -n 2 -f mpd.hosts, it complains not finding mpd in the
corresponding folders. I assume both PCs must have the same mpich2 folder
setup.

I try uninstalling by downloading mpich2 again (even though it is a newer
version than the one on my master PC). What do you know? mpd files are still
there!

I have done many "./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mpich2 && make && make
uninstall" and also "./configure && make && make uninstall". But still no
luck.

I did install on both PCs MPICH2 twice to folders /usr/local (default) and
also /usr/local/mpich2. But mpdboot still wouldn't work. Kept complaining
about couldn't start mpd on the current PC.

Hmm, back to mpich1.....