[MPICH] mpif90 is not created when building from zach's source

Kamaraju Kusumanchi kamaraju at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 21:07:19 CDT 2005

I wanted to build mpich2 with --enable-f90 on a Debian sid machine
with gcc and gfortran. The debian packages at
http://torvalds.cs.mtsu.edu/~zach/debian/1.0.2/ are built against g77
instead of gfortran. I tried to do this

1) by adding --enable-f90 to the ./configure line of the rules file
2) replacing g77 with gfortran in the build-depends target of the control file
3) In the src/binding/f77/mpif.h.in replacing 'C' by '!'
3) Then doing a dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

But in the end I discovered that there is only mpif77. mpif90 is not
created at all. Is this intended? Do I have to create a symlink
myself? or is there any mistake in what I am doing?

thanks
raju

--
Please bottom (inline) post to my messages instead of top posting.