[MPICH] MPICH on a single machine(needs help)

Marc Glenn Jamon marcglennjamon at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 8 22:38:04 CST 2005

 I am setting up MPICH on a single Mandrake 10.1
 linux
 machine and have encountered some major problems

 I can compile MPI codes using mpicc. But if I run
 the
 compiled programs, there is an error like this:

p0_30083:  p4_error: Child process exited while making
connection to remote process on localhost: 0
p0_30083: (33.063986) net_send: could not write to
fd=4, errno = 32

 Also it only happens when np is more than 1. I can
 run
 programs if np is 1.

 If i run mpi programs compiled from other machine,
 it
 runs perfectly regardless of the value of np.

 What seems to be the problem...?

 Tnx for the help.