[MPICH] MPICH on a single machine

Marc Glenn Jamon marcglennjamon at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 8 21:13:23 CST 2005

I am setting up MPICH on a single Mandrake 10.1 linux
machine and have encountered some major problems

I can compile MPI codes using mpicc. But if I run the
compiled programs, there is no output and the
execution seemed to stop or have encountered infinity.
I'll have to press Ctrl+C to return to the console.
Also it only happens when np is more than 1. I can run
programs if np is 1.

If i run mpi programs compiled from other machine, it
runs perfectly regardless of the value of np.

What seems to be the problem...?

Tnx for the help.

-Marc Glenn Jamon