[MPICH] Solaris 10x64+Studio 11+MPICH1.2.7

Dave Lane dlane at ap.stmarys.ca
Thu Dec 8 10:05:59 CST 2005

Dear MPICHers,

I'm having trouble building MPICH under Solaris 10x64 (Opteron) with
the Sun Studio compilers in order to be able build 64-bit applications.

I have had no trouble building it, compiling applications, and
running them in 32-bit mode (ie. without the 64-bit switches
(-xtarget=opteron -xarch=amd64).

When I do enable these I have a hard time getting the build to
complete (problems with link complaining about mismatched 32/64 bit
libraries, etc.), however I have been able to get it to successfully
build a couple of times (I have tried so many different ways!)
however I was not able to get it to compile 64-bit apps without more
library complaints.

Has anyone done this before or can someone suggest a course of action
to help me provide whatever info you might need to diagnose this?

... Dave
Saint Mary's University - ACEnet