[MOAB-dev] Moab and C++17

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 11:12:10 CDT 2019

> (Windows VS, Windows LLVM, macOS same, Linux various compilers) using
> Jenkins as the driver and our own Bilder as a package manager for building
> and running tests.

Interesting. We build on various versions of Linux and macOS as well
using Jenkins and Buildbot. But we current don't have Jenkins support
on Windows at ANL AFAIK. We will have to talk to systems again to see
if they can set this up. I tried adding some support through AppVeyor
but that route may need some more work.

> To make sure I understand, we should branch off master -- after you get
> current PRs in.  Then add our code.  Then submit a pull request to your
> develop.  Is this right?

Yes, base your changes off master. The current PRs have been in the
pipeline for months. The requirements for those are VS2017 if I
remember right and I still had issues the last time I tried to build
the branch. If you already have MOAB working on Windows, I suspect
your changes and PR may be more complete potentially. But, if you see
changes in PR #405 as Paul suggested that are important/required,
please add them to your branch as well.

I'd rather have one complete PR to review and merge to master, instead
of multiple incomplete ones.

Vijay