[MOAB-dev] failed to run parallel test case: moab-5.1.0 with mpich-3.3

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 07:58:57 CDT 2019

Dear Lorenzo,

Sorry about my delayed response. I was on travel this past week and
couldn't reply to you immediately.

It is puzzling that the tests in parallel folder are getting built as
expected but "make check" does not run them correctly. I can see that
mpiexec program was set correctly during configuration and so the next
logical check here would be to try and launch the test programs
manually to see whether they succeed.

Can you do the following:
cd build/test/parallel && mpiexec -n 2 ./parallel_unit_tests &&
mpiexec -n 2 ./parallel_hdf5_test

Both those tests should run to completion successfully if everything
is setup correctly. If these succeed, I would be out of ideas until we
can replicate it locally. Let me know the result with the above
experiment.

Thanks,
Vijay