[MOAB-dev] ghost exchange with triangles?

Grindeanu, Iulian R. iulian at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 12 23:31:03 CST 2018

Hi Ryan,
Sorry, I missed again your messages
you are exchanging the tags only on elements (you call  merr = pcomm->exchange_tags(tags, tags, range_ent);), while there are 4 tags active, in the list, globalid, owner, orig_pos and elem coords;

there are some elements for which the tag does not exist (for example edges)
Also, global id for vertices is not updated, because you exchange tags only on elements; you should exchange on vertices too

something like
Range verts;
merr=mb->get_entities_by_dimension(0,0,verts);
 pcomm->exchange_tags(mbmesh->gid_tag, verts);

what tags are not updated? there are some edges too created automatically by moab (it helps in resolving shared ents and ghosting; on them there is no tag defined, but vtk writer for moab will write default values for them)

also, you are calling resolve shared ents twice (once inside MBMesh_addelements), and once in main program;

Also, you are creating 2 parallel comms ; you need only one

if you resolve inside MBMesh_addelements, you can retrieve that parallel comm with something like

 //! get the indexed pcomm object from the interface
    static ParallelComm *get_pcomm(Interface *impl, const int index);
(pass index 0, it will the one created inside MBMesh_addelements)

you can then call ghosting routines

Again, after I run your model, what tags are missing in ghost files?

Iulian