[MOAB-dev] OBBTreeTool Settings - Set Options

Patrick Shriwise shriwise at wisc.edu
Sat Jan 7 09:11:49 CST 2017

Hi Iulian,

I don't know that its a problem. Mostly just trying to determine its
purpose with respect to the OBBTree, and was wondering if as a result of
the discussion we might conclude that it should always be MESHSET_SET.

I think you're right about the tracking of entities within leaf nodes
for dynamic meshes. A triangle entity could also then be used to gain
access to its leaf node if desired.

Maybe my real concern is with passing the Settings structure as a whole
to the build method. Could these settings (or the entire settings
structure itself) be members OBBTreeTool class? It seems clunky to be
passing around a structure like that from method to method, but maybe
there's a reason for this as well.

Patrick C. Shriwise
Research Fellow
University of Wisconsin - Madison