[MOAB-dev] EntityHandle?

Lukasz Kaczmarczyk Lukasz.Kaczmarczyk at glasgow.ac.uk
Sun Jul 10 16:08:29 CDT 2016

Hello,

I like to ask how entity handle is given to created entity.

In particular if I the same mesh is read, then on that mesh the some entities are create and delete in particular order, do resulting mesh has entities with the same handles for each execution of program.

I understand that mesh distributed on several processes, has different entities handles on shared entities. That is clear.

However what if exactly the same (non-distributed) mesh is stored on the several processor, should I expect that such mesh has that entities with the same GID has the same entity handle. What if next I apply the same sequence of operations, deletion and creation of entities. Should I expect the same handles on all meshes?

Kind regards,
Lukasz