[MOAB-dev] MOAB on Windows?

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 10:24:36 CDT 2016

Hi Paul,

You will need to pursue the CMake route to build MOAB on Windows with MSVC.
The Kitware folks (cc'd), have a superbuild script that may make the job
easier but I believe the current master may work out of the box, if you
don't need MPI. Parallel configuration may require more tweaking.

We currently don't test Windows builds here and we probably should at some
point. But if you encounter difficulties and have fixes for those, a PR
would be much appreciated.

Ben/Bob, any other comments wrt Windows builds ? Can we document this
process somewhere ? Either updating README or User Guide would be a good
place. Or a post in the SIGMA website would do too.

Vijay