[MOAB-dev] How can I prepare a .h5m file base on my own calculation

Jie Wu jie.voo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 14:42:01 CDT 2016

Hi Iulian,

Thank you very much for your help. The format we use to store mesh and solution information is .vtu file.

I tried to run function ./mbconvert. It can successfully transfer from .h5m to .vtk, and vice versa.

But I cannot convert either these 2 format to/from .vtu file.

An example error message is like following.

Is there any solution for this problem? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Best,
Jie

dyn-160-39-11-225:tools jiewu$ ./mbconvert in.vtu out.h5m
[0]MOAB ERROR: --------------------- Error Message ------------------------------------
[0]MOAB ERROR: in.vtu: File is not HDF5!
[0]MOAB ERROR: set_up_read() line 472 in src/io/ReadHDF5.cpp
[0]MOAB ERROR: --------------------- Error Message ------------------------------------
[0]MOAB ERROR: NULL file handle.!
[0]MOAB ERROR: is_error() line 133 in src/io/ReadHDF5.hpp
[0]MOAB ERROR: --------------------- Error Message ------------------------------------
[0]MOAB ERROR: ReadNCDF:: problem opening Netcdf/Exodus II file in.vtu!
[0]MOAB ERROR: load_file() line 303 in src/io/ReadNCDF.cpp
[0]MOAB ERROR: --------------------- Error Message ------------------------------------
[0]MOAB ERROR: Trouble opening file in.vtu!
[0]MOAB ERROR: load_file() line 68 in src/io/ReadNC.cpp
[0]MOAB ERROR: --------------------- Error Message ------------------------------------
[0]MOAB ERROR: Expected Keyword!
[0]MOAB ERROR: load_file() line 178 in src/io/ReadABAQUS.cpp
0x0 hahhahahah
[0]MOAB ERROR: --------------------- Error Message ------------------------------------
[0]MOAB ERROR: This doesn't appear to be a .cub file!
[0]MOAB ERROR: load_file() line 310 in src/io/Tqdcfr.cpp
[0]MOAB ERROR: --------------------- Error Message ------------------------------------
[0]MOAB ERROR: Parsing error at line 1: expected one of { $NOD $MeshFormat } got "<?xml"!
[0]MOAB ERROR: match_token() line 378 in src/io/FileTokenizer.cpp
[0]MOAB ERROR: --------------------- Error Message ------------------------------------
[0]MOAB ERROR: in.vtu: No such file or directory!
[0]MOAB ERROR: ascii_read_triangles() line 201 in src/io/ReadSTL.cpp
[0]MOAB ERROR: --------------------- Error Message ------------------------------------
[0]MOAB ERROR: in.vtu: not a binary STL file!
[0]MOAB ERROR: binary_read_triangles() line 312 in src/io/ReadSTL.cpp
[0]MOAB ERROR: --------------------- Error Message ------------------------------------
[0]MOAB ERROR: in.vtu.node: cannot read file!
[0]MOAB ERROR: open_file() line 59 in src/io/ReadTetGen.cpp
[0]MOAB ERROR: in.vtu: Trouble reading vertices!
[0]MOAB ERROR: read_vertices() line 129 in src/io/ReadTemplate.cpp
[0]MOAB ERROR: Failed to load file after trying all possible readers!
[0]MOAB ERROR: serial_load_file() line 635 in src/Core.cpp
[0]MOAB ERROR: load_file() line 526 in src/Core.cpp
Failed to load "in.vtu".
Error code: MB_INDEX_OUT_OF_RANGE (1)
Error message: Failed to load file after trying all possible readers