[MOAB-dev] How can I prepare a .h5m file base on my own calculation

Jie Wu jie.voo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 09:17:52 CDT 2016

Hi All,

In order to transfer variables from a Source mesh to a Target mesh, I am studying the use of function mbcoupler_test.cpp these days.

The stuff confusing me is the .h5m file. From the MOAB user guide, I know that .h5m is theMOAB’s native file format.

But I don’t know how to prepare a .h5m file based on my own calculation results (which usually contains node coordinates, node connectivities, and nodal variables). As a result, I cannot employ a function like ./mbcoupler_test to help me to transfer the mesh variables.

Any instruction is deeply appreciated!

Best,
Jie

Jie Wu, Ph.D. candidate
Department of Geotechnical Engineering, Tongji University
Visiting student at Civil Engineering & Engineering Mechanics, Columbia University
Add: 500 West 120th Street 641 S.W. Mudd New York, NY  10027
Ph: +1(917)822-0942