[MOAB-dev] writing in parallel

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 12:48:31 CST 2016

> with options="PARALLEL=WRITE_PART;".

Just what I needed. Is this documented anywhere at all?

> write_mesh only works in serial.

Perhaps this could be communicated even more clearly by renaming the
function to something along the lines of `write_serial`. Alternatively, one
could think about removing that function altogether. `write_file("2.h5m")`
does the same as `write_mesh("2.h5m")`.

In addition, I found that setting the `file_type` in [1] doesn't do
anything. At least, illegal values aren't intercepted.

Cheers,
Nico

[1]
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~fathom/moab-docs/html/classmoab_1_1Interface.html#a96c55cc351c6d44b88330a2bf692996b