[MOAB-dev] Building moab with cgm?

JR Cary cary at txcorp.com
Thu Dec 17 04:05:18 CST 2015

I've just created a fresh branch of develop of CGM and configured
it with cmake, then built and installed it.

I also have a fresh branch of develop of MOAB.  I configure it
with cmake, then try to build it.  It fails at

/home/research/cary/projects/composerall/moab/src/io/ReadCGM.cpp: In
member function ‘moab::ErrorCode
moab::ReadCGM::store_surface_senses(std::map<RefEntity*, long unsigned
int>&, std::map<RefEntity*, long unsigned int>&)’:
/home/research/cary/projects/composerall/moab/src/io/ReadCGM.cpp:256:11:
error: ‘cout’ is not a member of ‘std’
            std::cout << "Surface " << face->id() << " has reverse sense
" <<

I fixed those by including <iostream>, but then I get errors like

/home/research/cary/projects/composerall/moab/src/io/ReadCGM.cpp:689:11:
error: ‘ModelEntity’ was not declared in this scope
    DLIList<ModelEntity*> me_list;

At this point I see that there exists ModelEntity.hpp in the CGM source
but not in the installation.  I tried adding it to the installation, but
then CGM fails to compile.

Is this something that should be fixed in cgm?

Or am I doing something different from how you get moab to compile?

Thx.....John