[MOAB-dev] problem with pcomm

Lorenzo Alessio Botti lorenzoalessiobotti at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 08:49:31 CST 2015

Dear All,
I have a problem with the latest moab builds (both 4.8.2 and 4.9)…
I cannot run the following code in an application linked to moab

  Core moab;
  Interface& imoab = moab;

  ParallelComm* pcomm = ParallelComm::get_pcomm(&moab, 0);
  if (0 == pcomm)
  {
    pcomm = new ParallelComm(&imoab, MPI_COMM_WORLD);
  }
  delete pcomm;

It seems that a segmentation fault is triggered during the initialization of the pcomm in particular in this function
  Tag ParallelComm::pcomm_tag(Interface *impl,
                              bool create_if_missing)

with create_if_missing = true.

I’m building on OS X.
Have you ever experienced this issue? What can I do?

I attach the config.log below

Bests
Lorenzo