[MOAB-dev] h5m: GLOBAL_ID

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 04:34:40 CST 2015

Hi everyone,

I understand that in h5m, every entity is associated with a GLOBAL_ID. This
ID is specified in the GLOBAL_ID array of the tags groups associated with,
e.g., nodes or elements.

Now, I see that that in the example [1], the GLOBAL_ID array for nodes is
```
1 2 3 ... 409
```
and for elements it's
```
```
To resolve the conflicts, the connectivity dataset of elements as the
attribute `start_id = 410`, so I can just add that value to the above IDs
and have them globally unique.

What's confusing me is that coordinates dataset of nodes also has an
attribute `start_id` and it's value is `1`! So, no adding to GLOBAL_ID
array in this case, for some reason?

Cheers,
Nico

[1] http://chunk.io/f/d24c8c0a3ebc413bbd7c40209767a21c