[MOAB-dev] h5m with data

Patrick Shriwise shriwise at wisc.edu
Sun Nov 8 20:32:28 CST 2015

Hey Nico,

Ok. There doesn't appear to be a great example for applying data.
Applying data works in a very similar way to the way you retrieve tagged
data, using tag_set_data with a Tag which can be created for a certain
type of data with a given name by calling tag_get_handle with the
MBCREAT option at the end. I'd like to be clear that you can
apply/retrieve data from MOAB Entities or MOAB EntitySets. So you can
either apply data directly to entities like vertices or you can group
them together in a set and apply data to that set instead. For the
purpose you're indicating, it sounds like it'd be best to apply the data
directly to the vertices.

Sample code for creating a MOAB Tag:
   Tag name_tag;
   rval = mdbImpl->tag_get_handle(NAME_TAG_NAME, NAME_TAG_SIZE,
MB_TYPE_OPAQUE,
                                  name_tag, MB_TAG_SPARSE | MB_TAG_CREAT);
Cheers,

Patrick C. Shriwise
Research Fellow
University of Wisconsin - Madison