[MOAB-dev] boundary nodes on parallel mesh

Grindeanu, Iulian R. iulian at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 2 00:44:55 CST 2015

Hi Nico,

This is a modified HelloParMOAB example,  which it dumps the "true" skin of the model

it can work in parallel, in the sense that even if you load a model in parallel
(mpiexec -np 3 HelloParMOAB <file.h5m> or
mpiexec -np 1 HelloParMOAB <file.h5m>)

 will get the same skin in skin.h5m

this example assumes for simplicity that your model has 3d elements

it first computes the skin on each local part, then filters out the faces that are shared with other parts

it puts what is left in a set, then writes in parallel the set (so each processor will write its part of the true skin)

If you want also the edges on the true skin, there is a little more work, but the idea is almost the same.

Iulian