[MOAB-dev] ProgOptions recognizes negative positional arguments as options

shriwise shriwise at wisc.edu
Tue Sep 1 12:43:24 CDT 2015

Hey all,

Just noticed this when I was using this incredibly handy class to write
a program today.

I use it often, but just noticed this today. I have a series of required
double arguments and a single option, but when I make one of the doubles
negative, ProgOptions tries to evaluate the argument as an option and
returns an error.

In this case, I've registered one long option with the ProgOptions
class. This error occurs whether I specify this option in the command
line or not.

I've made a few small changes so I can continue to use the class with
negative double arguments, but it breaks many of the tests in MOAB.

Is anyone more familiar with this class? If not, I can look more deeply
into it today/tomorrow and submit a test&fix.

Cheers,

Patrick

--
Patrick C. Shriwise