[MOAB-dev] building vtkMoabReader

Hochhalter, Jacob Dean (LARC-D309) jacob.d.hochhalter at nasa.gov
Wed Feb 18 12:40:37 CST 2015

Hello,

I am trying to build the vtkMoabReader, and am running into an issue that I am hoping someone can shed some light on.  I have not been able to find any build instructions for this tool in the version of moab that I downloaded, 4.8.0, so I could be missing something simple.  I did find some for an older version, and tried to mimic those.

Here is an outline of my steps:

1)  Download/build Paraview v4.3.1 from source in paraview_build_dir with python and hdf5 enabled, but everything else left as defaults
2)  Download moab-4.8.0 and configure using './configure --prefix=/opt/moab/moab-4.8.0/ --enable-shared --enable-vtkMOABReader --with-vtk=paraview_build_dir --with-vtk-lib-suffix=-pv4.3'  This build appears to go fine, and I end up with executables and libs in the install dir.  However, there is nothing for the vtkMoabReader installed.
3)  cd to tools/vtkMOABReader and run ccmake, which (after defining moab and paraview dirs) returns an error that

    "
     CMake Error at
     ParaView-v4.3.1-source/CMake/ParaViewPlugins.cmake:1080
     (ADD_LIBRARY):
       Cannot find source file:

         ./vtkMoabReader.cxx

       Tried extensions .c .C .c++ .cc .cpp .cxx .m .M .mm .h .hh .h++ .hm .hpp .hxx .in .txx
     Call Stack (most recent call first):
       CMakeLists.txt:35 (add_paraview_plugin)

    "

    Note:  There is a file under vtkMOABReader called vtkMoabReaderPlugin_Plugin.cxx, but not vtkMoabReader.cxx.  Also, the same thing occurred when I tried moab v4.7.
4) out of curiosity, I renamed the generated vtkMoabReaderPlugin_Plugin.cxx to  vtkMoabReader.cxx, which gets me past that error, but then ccmake returns another error:  missing paraview include file, CellSets.h.  However, there is no include file named CellSets.h inside this version of paraview; the closest is Cell.h.

Any pointers regarding things I might be missing, or known working configurations would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
- Jake