[MOAB-dev] DMMoabGetMaterialBlock

Gerd Heber gheber at hdfgroup.org
Tue Dec 9 07:42:57 CST 2014

I'm trying to use DMMoabGetMaterialBlock to read an element's material ID,
however I'm getting -1 for all elements. I have a nice MATERIAL_SET tag in
my MOAB file. Is this related to the following comment in the MOAB documentation?

"Thus, a materrial set in MOAB is unlikely to contain mesh entities directly; rather, that set
contains other sets which contain mesh entities. In these cases, mesh entities can be retrieved by
passing a "recursive" flag to the appropriate function (MOAB), or by calling the getEntitiesRec
extension function (iMesh) provided by MOAB."

(http://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/fathom/moab-docs/md-contents.html)

If so, how do I enable the "recursive" flag from PETSc? Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree...

Thanks for your help.
G.