[MOAB-dev] ReadCGM Behaviour

Tim Tautges timothy.tautges at cd-adapco.com
Wed Nov 19 18:20:24 CST 2014

If you followed the MOAB model of things, the reader would shut down the
CGM instance when it was done.  However, CGM sometimes (all times?)
doesn't gracefully start up / shut down multiple times in a process, and
by design doesn't support multiple instances alive at the same time.  So
that's why the CGM instance remains alive after reading is done.

Why the reader leaves the model in CGM when it's done reading isn't
clear.  Ideally, it should be deleted, with that being controlled by a
reader option (defaulted to delete).  I guess there could also be an
option determining whether CGM is shut down after the read is done, but
I'm not sure what the proper default should be in that case.

- tim

--
Timothy J. Tautges
Manager, Directed Meshing