[MOAB-dev] DMMOAB (PETSc 3.5.1)

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 12:42:50 CDT 2014

Gerd,

I'm excited to see interest in this interface and that's one of the
reasons why we created the PETSc solver interaction in the first
place.

There is another example under KSP:
src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials/ex35.cxx which shows solution to a
inhomogeneous laplacian equation in 2-D. I actually used an updated
version of this example in a recent tutorial (details at
http://sigma.mcs.anl.gov/atpesc2014/) that explores FEM assembly of
the linear operator using PETSc and mesh traversal using MOAB. It also
has the DMMoabOutput function with DMMoabSetGlobalFieldVector usage.

You could also query the Interface and create tags and currently there
isn't functionality to output the user created tags also to the file,
but this should be easy to add if needed. Let me know if you have more
questions.

Vijay