[MOAB-dev] make check returns error when installing moab

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 19:26:36 CDT 2014

Couple of things for your to check:

1) Can you check if you can run some simple MPI programs first. This
will verify your MPI installation is correct
2) Configure MOAB without MPI (with --disable-fortran). See if make check passes
3) Specify the MPI installation directory when specifying
--with-mpi=<MPI_DIR> and try again
4) Add HDF5 dependency -- make sure HDF5 is configured with --enable-parallel

Let us know which of these steps fail.

Vijay