[MOAB-dev] write_file freezes on Cetus

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 15:50:15 CDT 2014

Anton, I wasn't able to replicate the issue on my local machine. I
haven't checked it on Mira yet.

> Where can those bin tools from MOAB build be found on Mira filesystem?
> Should i build a new version in my home folder?

Yes, this is recommended. You can point to the system optimized HDF5
and NetCDF installations and then configure/build the moab sources
from the repo on your home folder. It is easier to maintain, upgrade
etc this way.

Here's the output from the runs on my local machine with moab-dev and
your input file:

[ mahadevan at Tachyon:~/Desktop/kanaev ] mpiexec -n 1
/Users/mahadevan/source/moab/examples/ReduceExchangeTags karmanp4.h5m
USERTAG 100
********** reduce_exchange_tags **********

 Input Parameters -
   Filenames: karmanp4.h5m
   Tag: Name=USERTAG Value=100

-Creating tag handle USERTAG...
-Exchanging tags between processors
-Reducing tags between processors
[0]: Number of Partitioned entities: 13900

********** reduce_exchange_tags DONE! **********
[ mahadevan at Tachyon:~/Desktop/kanaev ] mpiexec -n 2
/Users/mahadevan/source/moab/examples/ReduceExchangeTags karmanp4.h5m
USERTAG 100
********** reduce_exchange_tags **********

 Input Parameters -
   Filenames: karmanp4.h5m
   Tag: Name=USERTAG Value=100

-Creating tag handle USERTAG...
-Exchanging tags between processors
-Reducing tags between processors
[0]: Number of Partitioned entities: 6949
[1]: Number of Partitioned entities: 6951

********** reduce_exchange_tags DONE! **********
[ mahadevan at Tachyon:~/Desktop/kanaev ] mpiexec -n 4
/Users/mahadevan/source/moab/examples/ReduceExchangeTags karmanp4.h5m
USERTAG 100
********** reduce_exchange_tags **********

 Input Parameters -
   Filenames: karmanp4.h5m
   Tag: Name=USERTAG Value=100

-Creating tag handle USERTAG...
-Exchanging tags between processors
[3]: Number of Partitioned entities: 3478
-Reducing tags between processors
[0]: Number of Partitioned entities: 3492
[2]: Number of Partitioned entities: 3473
[1]: Number of Partitioned entities: 3457

********** reduce_exchange_tags DONE! **********

We will look at Mira's installation this coming week. Iulian, can you
talk to systems and install a recent version that is accessible for
everyone there ?

Vijay