[MOAB-dev] ReadCGM test additions / re-factor

Patrick Shriwise shriwise at wisc.edu
Tue Jan 7 15:39:49 CST 2014

Hi all,

I'm one of Paul Wilson's student's if I haven't mentioned that already.
As part of my research I will be writing more extensive tests for
ReadCGM within MOAB and performing a re-factor of ReadCGM.cpp itself to
make the code more modular in preparation for its move into Meshkit.

As I'm doing this there are several ways of accomplishing the addition
of code. One is by keeping all new tests in a single branch (the one I
have just made a pull request for) where they will accumulate and be
pushed each time a new one is completed. The other is by creating a new
branch for each new test and creating a new pull request each time a new
test is completed. Using either method for test additions, the re-factor
will exist in its own branch that will be rebased on the testing
branches. The re-factor will then be added upon completion.

Both methods of adding tests are fine with me, but I wanted to see which
is most agreeable to the fathom team. I'm happy to go with whichever
seems best or more convenient for the group.

Cheers,

--
Patrick C. Shriwise
Research Assistant