[MOAB-dev] Trouble Creating AEntities

Chris Eldred chris.eldred at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 15:57:55 CDT 2013

Hey MOAB-Dev,

I am having trouble creating AEntities for a simple 2D planar mesh. I
adapted ReadTemplate.cpp to create a mesh generator and it appears to be
working fine (vertices are all present with correct vertex-vertex and
vertex-face adjacencies and positions, faces are all present with correct
vertex connectivity). However, when I try to create AEntities (ie edges)
using the following code (iface is my Core instance):

  Range verts;
  result = iface->get_entities_by_type(0, MBVERTEX, verts);
  if (MB_SUCCESS != result) return result;
  result = MeshTopoUtil(iface).construct_aentities(verts);
  if (MB_SUCCESS != result) return result;

  //get edge entities, by type
  Range edges;
  rval = iface->get_entities_by_type(0, MBEDGE, edges);
  assert(rval == MB_SUCCESS);

  cout << "Number of edges is " << edges.size() <<  endl;

I get the following output:

Number of edges is 0

Also, attempting to get vertex-edge adjacencies or bridge adjacencies
through edges returns null sets.

Any ideas as to what is going wrong?

-Chris

--
Chris Eldred
DOE Computational Science Graduate Fellow
chris.eldred at gmail.com / celdred at atmos.colostate.edu