[MOAB-dev] Boundary nodes and faces

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 09:54:36 CDT 2013

> You are using your fork, I assume, that accepts the fileset as input;

Yes, this was part of the recent pull request, that you approved.

> Still, you are filtering out non-owned entities; you should remove shared
> entities;

I updated that code to filter shared entities after finding only owned
entities. I dont filter multishared since I assumed if something is
not shared, it cannot be multishared ?

> It is possible that a face is owned, but shared, it will be then in the
> interior of domain (between parts, but not on the true boundary)

True. This will give me a way to find only interior faces at the
processor boundary.

> You can do adjacency call, toward dimension 3 (from 2); you will get
> adjacent element;

Got it. I have all the entities on the boundary of the mesh and life is good :)

Vijay