[MOAB-dev] mb_TAG_COUNT

Roman Putanowicz putanowr at l5.pk.edu.pl
Mon Jan 7 20:45:49 CST 2013

Dear All,

In the documenation in Core.hpp I read about flag mb_TAG_COUNT.
However except in Interface.hpp and Core.hpp comments, such symbol
is nowhere defined.

The source of the above question is this:

I was going to upgrade my code to newest MOAB and found this
function deprecated:
Core::tag_get_handle (const char *tag_name, Tag &tag_handle)

I haven't followed lately MOAB changes thus my question:
How can I get tag handle without providing all tag details (that
is data type and size)?

I would imagine/expect that after I create a tag with all details
regarding stored data (using appropriate tag_get_handle call)
then I can get back tag handle using only tag name.
How can I do that without using deprecated call to
tag_get_handle (const char *tag_name, Tag &tag_handle) ?

Are moab::Core users expected to store externally the mapping between
tag names and tag handles ?

I would be grateful for any hint or a reference if this issue was
already discussed.

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Roman
--
Roman Putanowicz, PhD  < putanowr at l5.pk.edu.pl  >
Institute for Computational Civil Engng (L-5)