[MOAB-dev] Warnings in the code

Tim Tautges tautges at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 6 08:24:42 CST 2012

Hi all,
   I just turned on extensive warning reporting in MOAB's gnu-based builds, and fixed a boatload of warnings in the
code.  The ones that are left are either because I was uncertain about whether they showed bugs (mostly the ones in
FBEngine) or because of C headers I didn't want to mess with right now (findpt and related ones).

Those responsible for code having remaining warnings should look at them and figure out whether they're spurious or not,
and get rid of them.  If you're uncertain about how to remove them, ask the list.

Going forward, I'm going to get more militant (read almost-zero-tolerance) for warnings, at least from GCC builds.
We'll still probably get many Intel warnings, since we don't have anybody building natively on that compiler set.  But,
one step at a time.

One thing I haven't fixed yet is warnings in test programs.  I'll assign those to somebody soon.

Thanks.