[MOAB-dev] Configure error with README.moabuse

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 14:37:35 CDT 2012

While updating the repository to the latest version, I pulled and
re-configured with the command below but the configure process gives
an error message now and stops.

./configure --prefix=/home/vijaysm/software/opt/moab
--with-hdf5=/home/jain/hdf5-1.8.9 --disable-debug --enable-optimize
--with-mpi=/soft/mvapich2/1.5.1p1/intel/11.1.059 --enable-mbcoupler
--enable-mbpart --enable-mbsize
--with-netcdf=/home/jain/lib/netcdf-4.1.2
--with-zoltan=/home/jain/lib/Zoltan_v3.3
--with-parmetis=/home/jain/ParMETIS3_1
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
config.status: creating examples/moabuse/Makefile
config.status: creating examples/moabuse/README.moabuse
config.status: error: cannot find input file: examples/moabuse/README.moabuse
------------------------

When I do an svn up again, I get
Restored 'examples/moabuse/README.moabuse'.

Perhaps somewhere inside configure, the README file is being deleted
(I checked Makefile.in and it is part of the Clean files). Also I dont
understand the logic for adding a README file as part of the configure
process. This seems to be static and a reconfigure wipes it out. Is
there a README.moabuse.in that is not in the repository ? Let me know
if you need config.log for more details.

Thanks,
Vijay