[MOAB-dev] question about reduce_tags behavior

Lorenzo Alessio Botti ihabiamx at yahoo.it
Fri May 11 11:33:48 CDT 2012

Dear Tim,
thanks a lot. It works very well now.
However, plugging it in SpaFEDTe I noticed that, clearly, I have to call resolve_shared_ents before deleting and recreating the GLOBAL_ID tag.
So I'm wondering if I have the possibility to create (in parallel) a field of global ids at the vertices in order to call resolve_shared_ents only afterwards.
I've tried with assign_global_ids but had no success.
This would also be required when reading a mesh without vertex ids so I guess that there is a way to do it.

Thanks again, MOAB is great!
Lorenzo