[MOAB-dev] Problems with remove_adjacencies

Iulian Grindeanu iulian at mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 4 11:53:04 CDT 2012

Hello, I want to talk more about this example | Let's assume that you have this simple model, 2 quads, 1452, 2563 with
| 6 nodes
| 1 2 3
| 4 5 6
| You want to add a crack at 25, so you want to end up something like
| this
| 1 2 2' 3
| 4 5 6
| You first create a new node, 2'. This node is, so far, free as a bird
| :)
| Then you set_conn for the right element, set_conn ..( qr, 5632', ...)
| If you have no edges created in advance, you are done.
| If edge 25 was created in advance, you may want to also create edge
| 2'5 (with create_element method, or with get_adjacent methods, create
| flag true).
| Node 2' will not be connected at all with element on the left (4521),
| and node 2 will not be connected to element on the right. You will
| have a crack!
In this example, if you already created all edges in the mesh, before splitting at node 2: you need to do this: 1) create node 2' 2) set conn (quadr, 5632', ...) 3) get_adj (&quadr, 1, 1, true, edges) this will create edge 2'5 too, and elements will be separated at 2-2' Iulian