[MOAB-dev] exchanging sets of entities between processors in parallel

Iulian Grindeanu iulian at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 17 10:35:26 CDT 2012

----- Original Message -----
| Yes, I've made it public
| One of the goals is to make adaptively refined mesh based on octree
| with repartitioning
| The code I've sent to you can do initial partitioning on the same run,
| but can't do repartitioning
OK, I see. This is a nice problem, but I am not sure anybody did it yet using MOAB. I think we would be happy if you want to contribute your ideas. Most of the parallel communication is done in the ParallelComm class. mesh refinement/coarsening in parallel is a difficult problem; do you rebalance or you start with a new partitioning? I don't even know if you can rebalance in parmetis. (I mean, can you start from an existing graph, modify it, and partition again, with minimal "changes"?) I will look at your code more, but I don't think I can be of much help, sorry about that. Iulian