[MOAB-dev] One problem on MOAB

Tim Tautges tautges at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 27 11:17:13 CDT 2012

Hi,
   The best way to do this might be to output the mesh from GRUMMP in vtk format (which I think it supports) and writing
a writer for Patran format (or see if patran can import vtk files).  MBCN should be usable as-is from C++ if you want to
do that too.

- tim

On 03/25/2012 08:03 AM, 李强 wrote:
> Dear Dr and Prof! Thank you for spending some time on reading my letter. I am simulation the car crash process(My
> major is car safety design), so I have to remesh the whole computational domain online, my 3D mesh is generated by
> GRUMMP(Tetgen is work well also), and the mesh must be export in Patran 2 Neutral format. The node ordering from
> GRUMMP and Tetgen does not comply with that of Patran, I have to write a translator(I am not familiar with the
> unstructured mesh generation and node ordering), iMesh was selected as the tool to do this, it is seemed that iMesh
> can retrieve the mesh connection in canonical ordering(Patran 2 format), also MBCN_* from MOAB can finish this too, I
> am wondering which is the best tool and the relation between them, I have worte a piece of code using iMesh
> (implemented in GRUMMP)interface to do so, but failed. Would you please give me some advices or instructions, where
> can I find an example using MBCN_* functions?  Your reply is highly appreciated. Thanks a lot. Lee Qiang

  phone (gvoice): (608) 354-1459      1500 Engineering Dr.