[MOAB-dev] One problem on MOAB

李强 leeqiang at nwpu.edu.cn
Sun Mar 25 08:03:04 CDT 2012

Dear Dr and Prof!
     Thank you for spending some time on reading my letter. I am simulation the car crash process(My major is car safety design), so I have to remesh the whole computational domain online, my 3D mesh is generated by GRUMMP(Tetgen is work well also), and the mesh must be export in Patran 2 Neutral format. The node ordering from GRUMMP and Tetgen does not comply with that of Patran, I have to write a translator(I am not familiar with the unstructured mesh generation and node ordering), iMesh was selected as the tool to do this, it is seemed that iMesh can retrieve the mesh connection in canonical ordering(Patran 2 format), also MBCN_* from MOAB can finish this too, I am wondering which is the best tool and the relation between them, I have worte a piece of code using iMesh (implemented in GRUMMP)interface to do so, but failed. Would you please give me some advices or instructions, where can I find an example using MBCN_* functions?  Your reply is highly appreciated. Thanks a lot.
                                     Lee Qiang