[MOAB-dev] r5121 - in MOAB/trunk: . doc

Iulian Grindeanu iulian at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Aug 29 14:57:09 CDT 2011

Hello,
It seems that I managed to build tools/mbzoltan/mbpart.

So, after update, I was still getting those linking errors that I reported before.
The way I "fixed" it :  instead of a "make", I did a "make install" at the root moab folder.

This triggered a copy of the "updated" moab lib to the right (install) place (the one that contained ProgOptions class).
Then all the tools were rebuild successfully.

So I have this more basic question, how is this supposed to work correctly?

Where was my mistake? Should I have made a distclean? or completely new build? how could I have avoided that linking error?

So the ProgOptions was moved from tools library to moab library a few commits ago.

In general, when we do "make" in moab, libraries are build first, then the tools/executables. It seems that initially, my executables were linking against old moab ( not the new one, that contained the ProgOptions).

When I did "make install", the library was copied before trying to link the new executable (mbpart).

Any comments?

Thanks,
Iulian