[MOAB-dev] iMeshP function argument

Hong-Jun Kim hongjun at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 16 10:48:45 CDT 2011

I have one more question about the argument, command_code, as in the following function.

void iMeshP_exchEntArrToPartsAll(
iMesh_Instance instance,
const iMeshP_PartitionHandle partition,
const iBase_EntityHandle *entities,
const int entities_size,
const iMeshP_Part *target_part_ids,
int command_code ,
int update_ghost,
iMeshP_RequestHandle *request,
int *err);

The command_code is indicating whether to migrate input entities or only makes copies, that is, the ownership should be changed if it is set as 1.

However, this option can make some questions to me.

At first, if the entities are migrated to another processor, should the entities be deleted in sending processor?

In addition, if there are already shared information in entities or the exchanged entities are multi-shared, I can not decide which processor has the ownership.
For example, if the entity is shared by p0, p1 and p2 and they are sent from p0 to p1 and p2, which processor should have the ownership?

And, if the entity's ownership is already got from p0, when the entity is sent from p1 to only p2, the entity's ownership is changed to p2 in p1 and p2, and should the ownership in p0 also be changed to p2?

I think there can be more problems to me when command_code is set to 1, and then can you give me some comments about it not to wander about the function?

Thanks.

Hong-Jun