[MOAB-dev] GEOM_SENSE_2 tag

Steve Jackson sjackson at cae.wisc.edu
Mon Jun 13 16:19:19 CDT 2011

On Jun 13, 2011, at 14:29 , Jason Kraftcheck wrote:

> My preference, from best and most time to quickest:
> 1) Find out why make check fails when GEOM_SENSE_2 doesn't have a default
> value.  If there is no good reason for a default value for that tag then it
> shouldn't have one.  Fix the failing code and drop the default value.
> 2) Be consistent about creating tags with the same default value.
> 3) Use MB_TAG_DFTOK.  That is somewhat of a hack.  But it is the quickest
> way to get things working again.

An alternative that will fix my immediate problem is to reorder DagMC's internal operations to load a file *before* creating tags.  There's no particular reason to create them ahead of the file load.  With reordered operations, the file loaders and/or GeomTopoTool can set whatever default values they prefer without confusing DagMC.

This won't fix the problem of loading old mesh files that lack a default value for this tag.  Once such a file has been loaded, GeomTopoTool will not work as expected, unless Iulian carries out Jason's solution number 1.  However, that is not an urgent problem.
~S