[MOAB-dev] WriteNCDF and others

Rajeev Jain jain at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 3 12:31:18 CDT 2011

You are right, some hexes (the ones that are initially loaded to procs-instances) are in both materials.
Below are the sets from individual procs (serially written), followed by write parallel with 2 procs having file 1 and file 2.
mbsize -ll file 1:

EntitySet 41:
Global id = 1000
  Vertex 76 - 78
  Hex 17 - 32
  EntitySet 40 -- (this has hex 1-16 belonging to file 1)
  Parent sets: (none)
  Child sets: (none)
  Sparse tags:
    MATERIAL_SET = 1000
    CATEGORY = Material Set
  Adjacencies:
(none)

mbsize -ll file 2:
EntitySet 41:

Global id = 1
  Vertex 67 - 69
  Vertex 103 - 105
  Vertex 142 - 144
  Hex 17 - 64
  EntitySet 40 -- (this has hex 1-16 belonging to file 2)
  Parent sets: (none)
  Child sets: (none)
  Sparse tags:
    MATERIAL_SET = 1
    CATEGORY = Material Set
  Adjacencies:
(none)

parallel writing using 2 procs each having the above two files (EntitySet 39 is repeated in both materials?):
EntitySet 42:
Global id = 1
  Vertex 67 - 69
  Vertex 103 - 105
  Vertex 142 - 144
  Hex 17 - 64
  EntitySet 39
  Parent sets: (none)
  Child sets: (none)
  Sparse tags:
    MATERIAL_SET = 1
    CATEGORY = Material Set
  Adjacencies:

EntitySet 45:
Global id = 1000
  Vertex 196 - 198
  Hex 81 - 96
  EntitySet 39
  Parent sets: (none)
  Child sets: (none)
  Sparse tags:
    MATERIAL_SET = 1000
    CATEGORY = Material Set
  Adjacencies:
(none)

I'm using the  "PARALLEL=WRITE_PART" option to write_file.

Rajeev