[MOAB-dev] r4936 - MOAB/trunk/src/parallel

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Fri Jun 3 10:41:44 CDT 2011

On 06/03/2011 10:31 AM, Hong-Jun Kim wrote:
> I see. Since this tag can be created outside MOAB such as in MeshKit,
> then, let me keep checking "MB_ALREADY_ALLOCATED" is returned.

I don't understand this statement.  If code outside of moab is calling
iMesh_createTag then it should be checking for iBase_TAG_ALREADY_EXISTS.  If
code inside MOAB is calling tag_get_handle, it should *not* need to check
for MB_ALREADY_ALLOCATED, regardless of whether or not some other code
either inside of MOAB or outside already created the tag.

Any error code other than MB_SUCCESS returned from tag_get_handle indicates
that the existing tag did not have the expected type (unless you pass
MB_TAG_EXCL, in which case you are explicitly telling MOAB that it is an
error for the tag to already exist.)

Was there a specific error you encountered that your changes to ParallelComm
fixed?