[MOAB-dev] Dense tag behavior

Lorenzo Alessio Botti bottilorenzo at gmail.com
Fri May 13 04:21:05 CDT 2011

Hi all,

It seems that dense tag memory is allocated when the tag is set for at least one entity of a given type.

This is documented in the MOAB User's Guide. I missed it.
"Storage for a given dense tag is not allocated until a tag value is set on an entity; memory for a given dense tag is allocated for all entities in a given sequence at the same time."

I would have expected the dense tag to be associated with the default value to all the entities in the mesh.

Thanks
Lorenzo