[MOAB-dev] Dense tag behavior

Lorenzo Botti bottilorenzo at gmail.com
Thu May 12 09:31:50 CDT 2011

I'm noticing a strange behavior of dense tags.

I'm reading a hybrid tets+prisms+tris (tris represent the boundary mesh) vtk mesh where I have an id (type int) associated to each cell in order to define boundary conditions.
The ids are correctly represented in MOAB as a dense tag over the mesh elements.

However If I build 2D internal faces (tris and quads) with get_adjacencies only tris obtain the dense tag (set by default to 0?) while quads are tag free.

Does it work this way because no tags have been associated to quads?

Thanks
Lorenzo