[MOAB-dev] A PDE example with MOAB.

Tim Tautges tautges at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 25 14:07:49 CDT 2011

You should be able to accomplish (almost) the same thing by using the setAdjTable iMesh function, with iBase_AVAILABLE
for diagonal elements corresponding to edges and faces (5 and 10, I think).  I say almost here because the iMesh
function will result in internal edges and faces being created for the whole mesh, while the MOAB function will only do
it for the entities passed in to the adjacency function; however, my impression is that most people need this on a
global basis anyway (let me know if that's not true in your case).

- tim

On 04/25/2011 01:53 PM, Jed Brown wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 23:29, Tim Tautges <tautges at mcs.anl.gov
> <mailto:tautges at mcs.anl.gov>> wrote:
>
>     MOAB is tuned first for minimizing memory; therefore, internal faces
>     and edges in a 3d mesh won't necessarily be explicitly represented
>     (i.e. you won't get a handle to them); if you do want them, and can
>     afford the cost in terms of memory, call get_adjacencies with "true"
>     for the create_if_missing parameter
>

> Any plans to expose this functionality in iMesh (even just with a C
> API)? I could do the wrapper external to MOAB, but it's a handy thing to
> have.

          phone: (608) 263-8485      1500 Engineering Dr.